Pagina's

vrijdag 14 oktober 2016

Winter in the Netherlands


Today, I am posting three paintings instead of one. These three are part of one whole. Together they try to capture the atmosphere of winter in the Netherlands.

I went for a weekend sail last month. The weather still was very warm and sunny. But at the same time, there were some telling sings that summer was over. The distant call of geese flying over, the chilly nights, that subtle, prickly smell of autumn mornings. Winter would soon be here. 
 
There is something unique to sailing in winter here. I wanted to do something with that atmosphere. That was what inspired these paintings. When I returned home, I got to work right away. Now, they're finished. I hope you guys like the result. Dutch winter mood in stylish black and white...

 

 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten