Pagina's

maandag 19 september 2016

My Boeier project

As you may have noticed, I haven't been posting much art on my blog lately. I have been working on a painting of a Dutch traditional Boeier vessel. Now, she is finally finished. In this post, I will show some pictures of the whole process, from quick sketch to finished painting.

At first, it wasn’t my intention to draw another traditional Dutch vessel. I have drawn a lot of them over the last few months. I felt that it was time for something else. But then, I came across a picture of a wonderful, 104-year old Boeier vessel. This boat looked so amazing, I had to draw one of these!

These little luxury yachts are lavishly adorned with the most beautiful woodwork. That means it is a lot of work to draw them. There are so much tiny details! But I think that the result is certainly worth the effort. 
 
I start out with a rough sketch, to get the shape and perspective right
Then, I start adding the small details, with pencil
This is the hardest part, turning a sketch into a colored painting, making the wood look shiny
On Facebook, some people pointed out that she needs to have her leeboards down, sailing close to the wind, so I corrected that
Added some color to the leeboards
Not satisfied with wood shine of the leeboards, so I worked on them some more 
Finishing the sails, the rudder and the cockpit
And added some background, for a finishing touch






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten